Job Opportunity: Studios Maintenance Technician
Deadline 30th June 2017
24 hours/ 3 fixed days per week
initially on a freelance basis with potential for a permanent long term contract after review at 6 months
starting hourly pay from £14.30 to £17.15 depending on experience
Cell Studios is currently recruiting for an all round Self -Employed Buildings Maintenance Technician for all reactive and preventative maintenance and repair work for Cell Studios across 7 studio sites in East and South East London. This is a permanent position working alongside our Operations Manager and Studios Director. The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach, demonstrating good Carpentry, Electrical, Maintenance Plumbing, Painting & Decorating skills. The position requires some knowledge and experience in, Gas Boilers, Heating systems and electrical installations in order to maintain or repair various systems. The role will be extremely varied and will cover all building fabric maintenance with some additional customer facing responsibilities. The successful applicant will often work solo, roving between buildings under guidance from HQ managers, working under their own supervision.
For the right candidate the job could provide the opportunity to start a career in the rapidly growing creative workspace sector in London working alongside a small team who have been in operation since 2000.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent time-keeping
- Good Health & Safety understanding
- Construction or maintenance experience is an essential requirement
- Accurate records keeping on required paperwork and web based systems ensuring information is fed back to management.
- An ability to use a smart phone for communication by text or email
- Clean Drivers License
- Ability to work to deadlines and ensuring work is complete within an allocated time
- Good customer interface
- Some formal qualifications i.e. City & Guilds would be an asset
For further info and an application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org