CELL STUDIOS HACKNEY WICK
80-84 WALLIS ROAD, HACKNEY WICK, LONDON, E9 5LW
WORKSPACE FOR CREATIVES
Cell’s established studio block based in DARO WORKS, Hackney Wick in Wallis Road, has been running since 2006. The building nestles between Hackney Wick train station and the pedestrian canal bridge to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. We offer workspace to practicing Fine Artists on this site and some craft design practitioners. Income generated from workspace directly funds Cell Project Space’s non commercial gallery and programme of exhibitions and events, via Cell Foundation the organisation’s registered Charity.
This site is under threat due to the development of Grove Road, but although the site will need to be vacated in Autumn 2017, contrary to belief the site will be redeveloped with affordable workspace replacing it with a long-term affordable commercial leasehold earmarked for Cell Studios.
RESERVING A STUDIO
We are able to offer short and longer-term licenses for this studio site including day hire. For Day Hire refer to the Location Hire section on our website.
If you are interested, please refer to Info & How To Apply section on the Studios page of the website. Please read this section making sure that you have included the 3 step requirement in order to process your inquiry.
- Good security
- High speed internet supplied by ISP OPTIMITY (using uncontended 250 MB download and 100 MB upload speeds.
- Most studios have their own electricity meter, fuse board and ring main; 2 to 4 double sockets, daylight bulb fluorescent strip lighting
- Some with Large skylights and Original stone flooring
- Some with huge original factory windows - every studio has excellent natural light
- Some with high ceilings (4.5 and 5 meters)
- Accessible to new restaurant, bars and shops in the newly built Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park re-development.